Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The 1989 Book Tag!

This awesome book tag was created by Charnell @ Reviews From A Bookworm





 Welcome to New York 
"You can want who you want, boys and boys and girls and girls."

1. A book with LGBT themes


This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp

I'm gonna go with a recent read of mine. It doesn't come out until January 2016 but I can already say that it's really good. 



♫ Blank Space 
"You can tell me when it's over if the high was worth the pain."

2. A book that hit you right in the feels... but was totally worth it.

Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult

This book... THIS BOOK! 



"I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream."

3. A book that you hated but you loved the cover

The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury

Hate is harsh word but I definitely thought this book was very "meh".




"I've got a blank space baby and I'll write your name."

4. Your latest book boyfriend/girlfriend

Better When It Hurts by Skye Warren

My latest book boyfriend would be Blue. I already liked him in the first book and knowing his story only intensified my love for him.



♫ Style 
"We never go out of style."


5. A timeless classic you love.

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

This is still one of my favorite stories ever!





♫ Out of the Woods 
"The rest of the world is black and white, but we were in screaming colour."

6. A book which had vivid world building.

Uprooted by Naomi Novik

Just beautiful! This book really is one of the better fantasy books that have gorgeous world building.



"The monsters turned out to be just trees."

7. A book where things weren't exactly how they seemed.

The Drafter by Kim Harrison

If there's any book that's the epitome of where things aren't exacly how they seem it's The Drafter. It was a bit of a mindfuck but such a good book!





♫ All You Had To Do Was Stay ♫
"You were all I wanted... but not like this."

8. A book you were eagerly anticipated, but ended up being disappointed by.

A Whole New World by Liz Braswell

I was so excited when I got an ARC of this but it ended up being really bad. 



♫ Shake It Off 
"The haters gonna hate..."

9. A book/series that everyone seems to love but you can't help but hate.

The Selection series by Kiera Cass

Sigh. This series. I read the first book back in 2012 and actually loved it but it all got completely ruined for me with The Elite. Since then I haven't liked this series at all though The One wasn't so bad. But I still feel very negative towards it all. And I'm not even going to attempt to read The Heir. No way! 




10. A book/series you love but everyone else seems to hate.

Fifty Shades by E.L. James

I've never understood why so many people hate on this series aside from the fact that when something is as popular as this they just wanna hate on it. I happen to love these books! 




♫ I Wish You Would 
"I wish you knew I'll never forget you as long as I live."

11. A book/series you know you will always love.

The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning

This is my favorite current ongoing series and I'm pretty sure I'll always love it. All books have been five star ratings. They're amazing!





"I wish you were right here, right now"

12. An upcoming release you wish you could have right now!

Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith

I'm a huge fan of this series and I can't wait for book #3 to come out. Cormoran Strike is such a genius character!







♫ Bad Blood 
"Now we've got bad blood, you know it used to be mad love."

13. A character you once loved but grew to hate.

Deep by Kylie Scott

Ben. Oh Ben. Where did it all go wrong? Both him and Lizzy where super annoying and childish in this book. Ugh.



"Did you have to do this, I was thinking that you could be trusted.Did you have to ruin what was shiny, now it's all rusted."

14. An author you haven't forgiven for the things they did to your favourite characters/books.

The Hollows by Kim Harrison

I haven't read all of the books yet... in fact, I've only read the first four but I know some of the things happening in the other books and that doesn't make me happy.








♫ Wildest Dreams ♫
"I can see the end as it begins."

15. A book that was far too predictable.

The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury

Again going with this one but it was the first book coming to mind. A way too predictable story for sure.



"Nothing lasts forever but this is getting good now."

16. A book/series that you wish could have gone on forever.


Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer


The end of my favorite series ever in 2012 has caused this huge hole in my chest. I wish it would've gone forever and ever!





♫ How You Get The Girl ♫
"That's how it works, that's how you get the girl."


17. One of your favourite books where they 'got the girl'

Ensnared by A.G. Howard

I love this ending because both team Morpheus (me!) as team Jeb could be happy with it.





♫ This Love 
"In darkest screams, in wildest dreams, I never dreamed on this."

18. A book that completely shocked you.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

This is such a brutal world but oh how I loved it!





♫ I Know Places 
"Loves a fragile little flame it could burn out."

19. A book you thought you loved but quickly came to hate.

The Shining by Stephen King
The start wasn't so bad but I just really didn't like it.



"Something happens when everybody finds out.See the vultures circling dark clouds."

20. A book you didn't want to be seen reading.

NONE! I'll never be embarrassed by any book I read.



♫ Clean 
"The drought was the very worst, when the flowers that we'd grown together died of first."

21. When the wait between books made you forget everything that happened.

Mostly with any new upcoming Eoin Colfer book. Like right now I don't know what's next for him and it drives me nuts!



"By morning, gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean."

22. A book/series you wiped from your memory.

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

This series ending didn't happen. It just didn't. It was awful. My review of it is literally: What. The. Fuck?




So that was it! It was a pretty long tag but I managed to do it. Go me! 
If you wanna do it feel free to go for it. It's fun!




1 comment:

  1. The Sin Eater's Daughter was one I didn't hate, but I wasn't as impressed with anywhere near as much as everyone else seemed to be.

    I LOVE PETER PAN!!! Such a wonderful story and I absolutely love it. I have to see all the adaptations as well. I'm a big fan of the 2003 version <3

    I'm nervous to read A Whole New World as I have heard some really bad things about it and haven't seen many good reviews.

    The Selection series was really bad, I couldn't even bring myself to read The One.

    I heard about the Ensnared ending and thought it was such a cop out. The author needed to grow some balls and actually pick a side haha.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥