Sunday, November 29, 2015

Inside & Out Book Tag

I found this awesome tag on Books, Biscuits & Tea, which Vicky posted a while ago. It looked like fun so I decided to do it. 






Inside flap / Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough (Discuss)

I never really gave this much thought so this is an interesting question. I don't like it when a summary is too long. It might reveal too much things or if I'm in a bookstore I might not have enough time to read long summaries so I'd rather have one that's on the short side.



New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: audio book, e-book, paperback, or hardcover?

Paperback. Of course there are exceptions where I buy new books as e-books mostly when the price is really low but paperback is still my favorite to read in.



Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)

Clean! Always clean! I can't even think about writing in my books *shudders*. I'm not entirely sure why, but I need my books to be clean without anything written in. When I borrow books from the library and there are things written in I actually feel horrified. But other than that I'm totally normal... lol 



In your best voice, read for us your favourite first sentence from a book.

I've always loved the start (part of the prologue) of my favorite book, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. And also, I'll be giving a few more sentences instead of only one. I just can't help myself!


How does one describe Artemis Fowl? Various psychiatrists have tried and failed. The main problem is Artemis's own intelligence. He bamboozles every test thrown at him. He has puzzled the greatest medical minds and sent many of them gibbering to their own hospitals.


Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book? What if you’re unsure of the author’s gender?

It doesn't matter to me at all. I do have to say I've read more books by female authors but I also love reading books by male authors. My favorite author (who's mentioned in the previous answer) is male, so yeah... I really have no preference.



Ever read ahead? Or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?

I have never read the before page before I got there but I do admit that sometimes a take a sneak peek to some pages ahead when I am reading. Usually I hit myself on the head for that when I read a spoiler but sometimes I can't help myself.



Organized bookshelves, or outrageous bookshelves?

Organized. To other people it might not look organized but it really is. At least for me. A part of my shelves are organized by genre and another part by favorites. 



Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?

Oh yes. I've been known to buy books because I like their covers. I usually do know pretty much what the books are about, though, even if I wouldn't have read the synopsis. But still, I judge books by their covers. Guilty!



Take it outside to read, or stay in?

Stay in! I do sometimes read outside when I have to take public transportation, which is fairly often, but I like reading inside more because I can snuggle up under a blanket and drink some hot tea. That's my kind of heaven! ♥




This tag really was so much fun. I loved the questions!
I'm not tagging anyone, so if you want to do this tag... just go for it!



4 comments:

  1. Haha, I might do this one. :P It looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the writing in the book thing! I freak out if the spine of my book cracks-i get really mad!! And i did read the last pages of allegiant when i got it :( I spent literally like two whole months calming down before i decided to finally read it lol :D
    http://karinysteenbooxfrenz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noes! I haven't read Allegiant because I read a spoiler about that stupid ending. Grrr -.-

      Delete

Share your thoughts! ♥