Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday: The Witchfinder's Sister by Beth Underdown

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that I'm eagerly anticipating.




The Witchfinder's Sister by Beth Underdown
Expected publication: March 2nd 2017 

'A richly told and utterly compelling tale, with shades of Hilary Mantel' Kate Hamer

The number of women my brother Matthew killed, so far as I can reckon it, is one hundred and six...

1645. When Alice Hopkins' husband dies in a tragic accident, she has no choice but to return to the small Essex town of Manningtree, where her brother Matthew still lives. But home is no longer a place of safety. Matthew has changed, and there are rumours spreading through the town: whispers of witches, and of a great book, in which her brother is gathering women's names.

To what lengths will her brother's obsession drive him?
And what choice will Alice make, when she finds herself at the very heart of his plan?



Wow, everything about this 2017 debut novel is attracting me so much. I'm always looking for more historical fiction to read and I have a feeling this one will be excellent. I can't wait to read it!

This book is also being released on April 25th 2017 by Ballantine Books with this cover:





What book are you waiting for?
Leave me the link to your post so I can stop by!



14 comments:

  1. This sounds really intriguing! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like the 2nd cover better. I hope you enjoy this one! Have a great week!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them both but for some reason the 2nd one looks more 'historical' which I love. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Witches....yes please. I am super excited about this one now and had not seen it before! You can check out mine here: http://bookertsfarm.blogspot.com/2016/11/waiting-on-wednesday-81.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only found out about this book the other day. I'm so glad I stumbled up on it. :D

      Delete
  4. Definitely an interesting synopsis. Will have to add it to my TBR to check it out. Wondering just how far her brother will go and what her part in it is. Hope you enjoy it! And thanks for coming by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering about that too. Should be intense, I think!

      Delete
  5. I read a lot of historical romance novels, but not historical fiction. This one sounds intriguing. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week, Stephanie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks very interesting, thanks for sharing! Hope you enjoy it when you read it :) Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't read a lot of historical fiction, but this book sounds sooo interesting! Thanks for sharing ^_^

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait, why is her brother killing so many people? I'VE GOT QUESTIONS, BOOK!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥