Monday, July 24, 2017

10 Books I Plan On Reading While I'm On Vacation

Friday I'm leaving on vacation for three weeks so here's a list of ten books I'm planning on reading. I'm not actually sure if I'll get around to reading them all or if I might even read more but when I'm back I'll post all about it. Also, turns out the books on my list are almost all historical fiction/romance. Not a big surprise. ♥
~~





The Hummingbird Heart by A.G. Howard
This is a book I received for review from the author so this'll be first on my list to read. I loved the first book, The Architect of Song {My Review} so I'm hoping to love this one as well. 

Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare
I recently read The Duchess Deal, which I adored so I wanted to read more by Tessa Dare. This book seemed to come highly recommended. I can't wait to read it.



Waterfell by Amalie Howard
This book has been on my Kindle for AGES. I haven't read it yet because I've never really loved any book I've read that involved mermaids. This one does sound unique, though and Christina @ Book Lover's Tea Party has been trying to get me to read it for a while.


Wilde in Love by Eloisa James
Another book for review. It's been a while since I read a Eloisa James book, though I've enjoyed some of her work in the past. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.



I am so ashamed that I haven't gotten around reading this book yet. I've absolutely loved A Day of Fire: A Novel of Pompeii {My Review} and A Year of Ravens: A Novel of Boudica's Rebellion {My Review} and it has some of my favorite historical fiction authors. So yeah, definitely need to read this one.

The Sin Eater by Jennifer Harlow
The F.R.E.A.K.S. series is one of my all time favorite paranormal series ever but I also haven't been able to get around to reading this one yet. Partly because I'm scared for what's going to happen in it since I have a pretty good idea about it all. 



The Artist's Muse by Kerry Postle
This is the last book I have on NetGalley to read so I REALLY wanna get around to reading it. It's set in the 1900's in Vienna, which sounds amazing. Of course any book that features artist's of some kind always does sound amazing to me.

The Amethyst Bride by Kesley McKnight
I read the first book not too long again, which was pretty good so I'm curious to see how this one will be. I'm really thrilled it's about Penelope because I loved her in book one.


Portrait of a Conspiracy by Donna Russo Morin
Everything about this books sounds right up my alley. Historical fiction set in the Renaissance Florence in the 15th century + Leonardo da Vinci. Fingers crossed that it will be a fantastic read!

Eagles in the Storm by Ben Kane
This trilogy has been one of my top favorites ever. I can't actually believe I still haven't read this book yet. I'm absolutely dying to know what happens next, although I'm pretty familiar with the history so it probably won't all be a big surprise.





27 comments:

  1. Have a great holiday and enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time on vacation! Hope you get some good reading in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh The Amethyst Bride caught my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love that cover and the color of it? :D

      Delete
  4. So many great picks that are new to me. The cover of The hummingbird heart is so beautiful. I also never really m or books with mermaids so am looking forward to see what you think of Waterfell. Have a great vaction :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't like that one I most likely will give up on mermaid books or at least not go out of my way to read them. #Sad

      Delete
  5. It's always so hard to decide which books to take on holidays! You've got some great selections picked. Have a wonderful trip and I hope that you enjoy all of these titles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just taking my Kindle but I like to know which ones I'm gonna read so I don't have to search endlessly on it. haha

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful list! I like how different everything is. :D I hope you enjoy everything but ESPECIALLY Romancing the Duke!!!!

    Have a great week, Stephanie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HR is a genre I adore and, I have to say, you picked very interesting titles!! Romancing the Duke was quite a lovely read for me, hope it works great for you as well :)
    Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Romancing the Duke but I still haven't read it yet. I've heard it's really good and cute! I hope you think so too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love HR! And Tessa Dare's books are always a hit with me, so I hope you'll find the time to read Romancing the Duke and that you'll enjoy it.
    Have a lovely vacation :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to love it as much as I loved The Duchess Deal (or maybe even more!)

      Delete
  10. I have fallen out with HR a little bit, I've been craving NA a lot lately, but those are some intense reads! Perfect for a holiday break. :)
    New follower via Bloglovin & Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful holiday, Stephanie! I hope you get lots of reading and relaxing done! <3
    Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous, and happy for you, that you're going on vacation, Stephanie! THREE WEEKS! Enjoy your time off, and eat like you've starved your whole life!! :D

    Lonna @ FLYLÄ“F

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I LOVE your list of books!! Well, except for "The Sin Eater". OMG, that cover!! Would you believe I enjoy reading about vampires (romantic ones like Edward Cullen, NOT "Dracula types", lol), and yet I HATE seeing blood on a cover? Lol. But yeah, that's how paradoxical I am! :)

    I LOVE historical romance novels!! I haven't read a good one in a while. Several years ago, before I started blogging, I used to DEVOUR them. Then I got into paranormal romance, which I also love, especially in the YA genre.

    I think I'd like to start off with "The Artist's Muse". I LOVE art!!

    I'm bookmarking this page so I can come back and check out all of these books (except for the one I mentioned above) at my leisure. Thanks so much for sharing!! Have a GREAT rest-of-the-week!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know you have really been anticipating this holiday so I hope it will be as relaxing and fun as you want it to be! Happy reading while traveling :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm honored to be included on this great list of books. Right now, there's special pricing on both ebooks: PORTRAIT OF A CONSPIRACY is .99c and THE COMPETITION is $1.99. I've just finished the last book in the trilogy, and I'm thrilled to say it's explosive and an exciting, emotional conclusion worthy of these great women. Can't wait to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥