Monday, July 17, 2017

Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag 2017

The lovely Zoey from Magiverse tagged anyone who hasn't done this book tag yet, so I decided to do it. Here we go... :D





1. Best Book You've Read So Far in 2017


The Alice Network by Kate Quinn ~ 5 stars {My Review}

This book was amazing. Beyond amazing, actually. Kate Quinn never disappoints but this book is something special. It's definitely her best work so far. Usually I'm more into historical books set in ancient times but this one is set in WWI and 1947 so it's different from my usual reads. Still, it's the best book I've read this year. I don't think any book will top it but I guess we'll see at the end of the year.


2. Best Sequel You've Read So Far in 2017


Scalding Ice and Goldfire by Avie Adams ~ 5 stars {My Review}

I can't get over how good this series is. SIAG was my favorite but all of the books are really great. They are all dark fantasy/romance and it does get quite dark but damn... it's such a unique world that the author has created. And the characters are all intriguing in their own way. Not to mention the writing. It's so gorgeous! I can't recommend it enough. 


3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to



I have heard so many great things about this book. It's historical, set in the 1800's so it sounds perfect for me. I hope to get my hands on a copy soon. I have such high expectations for it!


4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year



I'm beyond excited for this book, you have no idea. I know this book will be so gorgeous inside and out. I'll need this book on my shelves no matter what. And just look at that cover! *grabby hands* 


5. Biggest disappointment


The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi ~ 2 stars

I'm probably in the minority about this one. I've read books that were worse so I didn't think it was all bad. The writing was gorgeous but I thought the story and the characters especially were lacking. I was just disappointed with it because I was sure I was going to love it. I am planning on reading A Crown of Wishes, though, because I heard it was better.


6. Biggest surprise


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern ~ 5 stars

Honestly, I didn't expect to love this book as much as I did. But it ended up in my top three books of the year so far. It's such a gorgeous book. I already want to re-read it. <3

7. Favorite new author (debut or just new to you)



Not only did I love her amazing book The Merchant's Pearl, she's also a super nice person. I can't wait to read more books by her in the future. {My Review}


8. Newest fictional crush


Fox from The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco ~ 5 stars {My Review}

So for those who haven't read this book yet... (FOR SHAME IT'S SO AWESOME) Fox is Tea's older brother that she raised from his grave. I loved him so much. He was a big part of the reason why I enjoyed it so much. This book is also in my top three of favorite books of 2017 so far. 


9. Newest favorite character


Dak from A Mutiny in Time by James Dashner ~ 4 stars

This was a hard one. I've met so many great new characters that ended up being favorites so I'm leaving out a lot more. But I really loved Dak because just like me he's really into history and at times randomly tells historical facts even when nobody wants to hear it. He's so like me!


10. Book that made you cry


A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas ~ 5 stars 

I didn't sob or anything with this book but at one moment I did get tears in my eyes because it got really sad. No spoilers but damn SJM, you hurt my heart!


11. Book that made you happy


Iron Man: The Gauntlet by Eoin Colfer ~ 4 stars

So for those who don't know it yet... Eoin Colfer is my #1 favorite author so I'm always dying for his next book. This one is his latest new one. It came out in November but I didn't actually get around to reading it until June. I don't even know why I waited so long. But anyway it turned out to be one awesome book and it just made me so happy. Also (I feel like) there were hints to his books Artemis Fowl and (especially) Airman. But maybe that was just me. Also, my review of this book is coming soon!


12. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year


Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor

This book was in FairyLoot's March box and oh isn't it so beautiful? I haven't read the book yet but I'm hoping to love it when I do.


13. What books do you need to read before the end of the year?


Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Feversong by Karen Marie Moning

I don't even know why it's taking me so long to get around to reading these two books. Especially Feversong! But I'm hoping I can read them soon. :)

~~



I'm also tagging anyone who wants to do this tag. ♥




12 comments:

  1. I haven't read a single book from your list, Stephanie, can you believe it? I do want Strange the Dreamer, I've heard great things about it!
    Have a wonderful week and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I read a lot of books not many people know about.

      Delete
  2. The Night Circus is one of my favorites - so glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read a Karen Moning book so bad. The strange the dreamer cover is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh very interesting books! I haven't read any of these. Might keep an eye out for them now!
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read A Court of Wings and Ruin! Lol'ed @ the gif at the top

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh, I'm with you on The Star-Touched Queen! I thought I was going to adore it, and I was so disappointed. But I'm also planning on reading A Crown of Wishes for the same reason!

    And me too with Crooked Kingdom! I only JUST reading Six of Crows, actually, but I adored it so much. I'm really sad that the series will be over with that, though, so I think that's why I keep putting it off. :)

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just getting started with Six of Crows today...

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAS Do read The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue! I hope you will love it as much as I did! And I am looking forward to Bardugo's next book in the Grishaverse too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to find it at a bookstore so badly because for the next few weeks I won't be ordering any books online. So AHHHHHH

      Delete

Share your thoughts! ♥