Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Review: Leonardo da Vinci: A Life From Beginning to End by Hourly History

Title: Leonardo da Vinci: A Life From Beginning to End by Hourly History
Publication: November 13th 2016 by Hourly History
Genre: Nonfiction ~ History
Purchase (free everywhere): Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo
Rating: 4/5

Leonardo da Vinci

Creativity is in our bones. It is found in our very DNA, something not known to Leonardo da Vinci or anyone else who lived in his day and time. All he did was to uncover the hidden genius which lay within himself, and he used that inner genius to the very best of his abilities.
Leonardo da Vinci is best known for some of the world's most masterful paintings, but he was so much more than merely another artist with paints and brushes. Born to a peasant woman in 1452, Leonardo would go on to astound the world he lived in with his artistry and his inventions.

Inside you will read about...
✓ Early Beginnings and the Italian Renaissance
✓ Leonardo's Personal Life
✓ Leonardo's Artistic Beginnings
✓ Early Paintings 1480s-1490s
✓ Paintings of the 16th Century
✓ Scientific Studies and Anatomy
✓ Engineering Inventions
✓ Later Life and Old Age
✓ Facts about Leonardo da Vinci

In this eBook, discover for yourself the brilliance of da Vinci. Uncover some of his best works of art, including the Mona Lisa, and see why he kept so many notebooks and observations about everything under the sun. See where his far-reaching talents led him, and how you can be more like Leonardo da Vinci than you ever thought possible.


Leonardo da Vinci is one of the most intriguing people in history. I've always been fascinated with his life. So it's no surprise that I ended up really enjoying this short book. I even learned a few more things about him that I didn't know. I loved that.

My favorite chapters were 'Early Beginnings and the Italian Renaissance' and 'Facts about Leonardo da Vinci.' I've been very much intrigued about his early life so I thought that first chapter was great to start with. The facts about him were also very interesting to say the least.

It's a quick read so of course it's perfect if you want a quick read to learn a little more about Leonardo's life or if you're in between books (like I am at the moment.)

Overall, Leonardo da Vinci: A Life From Beginning to End was a book I really enjoyed. As usual with a 'Hourly History' book I'd really recommend it to any reader! 



Check out my other reviews:



More Hourly History reviews to come soon!


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this book. I find him to be a fascinating individual as well.

    I'm new to blogging and book reviewing, and I was wondering if you had any tips for newbie bloggers and book reviewers.

    If you have the time, please check out my blog @breenysbooks. I'd love any feedback. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥